Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 20

So no more views since last time.  I guess my only "friend" is gone.  Hopefully only temporarily.

I have been doing a lot of research as to how a pandemic like this could happen.  I guess that with airplanes, public transportation, and densely packed cities, it was prone to happen.  The interesting part is how another organism could control a mammals body.

The reason I say this is because the behavior I saw before I left was not human.  There was something controlling those people and it was new.  It was like a bad form of rabies or something.  In fact, it could actually just be a bad version of rabies.  According to the CDC, rabies is a viral infection that causes confusion and anxiety.  It also causes death.  However, there is no mention of control over the human.

Toxoplasmosis on the other hand, can control a human.  This is a parasite that lives in cats and when transmitted into a human, it controls them to get more cats so it can proliferate.  In the process, it really screws your head up.  That's why there are "crazy cat ladies."

Lastly, there is a fungus that can control insects so that they go as high up as possible, grab onto something, and die.  This helps the fungus grow and replicate.  This is called Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis.  Read about it.

So there you have it.  There's a virus, a parasite, and a fungus that can potentially control how a live being reacts.  Any of these could be the cause for such pandemonium in the city.  It can also be a very interesting research subject.

In the meantime, I have other things to worry about.  I must have punctured one of my gas tanks while leaving in a hurry because I am losing fuel. The bottom two tanks were almost full when we left.